Many people are fearful at the thought of any kind of oral surgery, but the truth is most procedures are gentle and performed using modern methods and tools to make your treatments safe, comfortable, and successful. For many people, a simple dental surgery can have life-changing results.
Oral Surgery Restores Dental, Periodontal, and Jaw Bone Health
Oral surgery includes a wide variety of treatments, all designed to address different oral needs and restore your optimal oral health. Most surgeries deal with one of these six common dental issues:
- Periodontal Disease: Bacteria deeply embedded in gum tissue may only be removed with surgical treatments. Sometimes laser surgery is also used.
- Root Canal Damage or Infection: Root canal therapy is the removal of the infected inner chamber or pulp of a tooth and preserves a tooth’s structure and function.
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth: Wisdom teeth usually cause overcrowding, misalignment, or malocclusion, and can pose a risk for infection if not extracted.
- Damaged or Infected Teeth: With extensive damage, sometimes the only solution is extraction, and it can prevent infection from spreading to surrounding teeth and the rest of your body.
- Jaw Bone Resorption: Your dental professional can enhance a weak jaw bone with bone grafting surgery. This treatment strengthens the jaw and is often applied to prepare your mouth for dental implants.
- Tooth Loss: The surgical placement of dental implants provides your smile with new tooth roots that can support lifelike restorative crowns or dentures.
When you need oral surgery, you want treatment from a skilled and experienced periodontist. Dr. Joseph holds himself to the highest standards when restoring the health, beauty, and function to your smile. Contact our team today for more information and a comprehensive consultation.